Monday, December 11, 2006

The Bridges of Saint Paul

I'd do some copypasta or give you a link to what I saw in the Sunday Pioneer Press but I can't. It wasn't an article or editorial, it was an advertisment. The ad was on the back of the North Metro section. It was a full page ad describing the reasons why the Bridges of Saint Paul is a good idea in a futile attempt to win public support.

There's always going to be people who disagree with whatever someone else is doing and for many different reasons. The people developing this project (I have no idea who) just need good public opinion to get this through the development process. People object to the Bridges of Saint Paul because they say it's too big, too expensive, too ugly, too obtrusive........who gives a fuck. If someone wants to build the thing with their own money, let them build it for fuck sake. If someone wanted to take the duplex next to me and convert it to a dirty book store I'm all for it. And if any of my neighbors tried to use the force of government to stop it, I might become an investor in that new small business myself.

I just don't care at all. Personally I think the Bridges of Saint Paul is a disgusting endorsement of consumerism with the gazillions of square feet of retail space it'll have but I still don't care. If someone wants to build it, go ahead.

What caught me about this ad was the really disturbing though. It wasn't that the ad touted the new jobs it'll create and the construction jobs it'll maintain at least for a while. It wasnt' that the ad showed a nice rendering of one of the buildings and invited you to come see their condo models that are now open. The problem is that it BOASTED of the ESTIMATED TAX REVENUE IT WILL CREATE!

The ad agency that created this knows that the people in Minnesota are so pro big government that they'll cum in their pants when they hear the government is getting more tax money. So much so that they need to specify that! If the sheeple just see that more tax will go to the government then they'll do the lobbying for project themselves!

As if more taxes will fix our problems. That's a bunch of crap but the sheeple believe it. Maybe the increased tax dollars can be used to take some D average high school dropouts and turn them into police officers. That would certainly fix some problems. Yeah, sure. More tax revenue (theft) won't fix dick but no one see that. If we just had more worthless cops, social workers, paper pushers, middle managers and $31 per hour MNDOT employees producing next to no benifit to society this just might be a better place to live. Hell no.

I can't believe a group of people had to advertise the fact that they'll pay more taxes just to develop a new piece of real estate, sick.

It's 6:00 a.m. I think I'll cry until I have to go to work. :(

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

It's 7:20, are you still crying?

Excellent rant, though. Speaking of cumming in one's pants, when's that bookstore opening up next door to you?

Oh--and are you able to email the minutes some time during the day? :)

5:21 AM  
Blogger Insurgent said...

I came in my pants just from reading this tirade!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

I just cum in my pants for no reason.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Rex said...

I just realized I slept through exec-comm!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home