Thursday, May 11, 2006

Holy Jobs

I recently ran into my friend Mike from tech school. He seemed well but he told me his father had passed, hate to hear the bad news. Mike said he had tried to locate me through the social circles and looked for me at Porky's once but to no avail. The reason was he needed a manager for one of the two repair shops his father owned. He's going crazy running both. I jokingly said that it would take a figure starting with at least a 7 to get me to do that again. Mike said that it's a really busy shop with 7 technicians working there that wouldn't be a problem. I still had to say no to even discussing it. I hate auto service that much.

More promising additional employment opportunities exist at my friend Tim's small mortgage company. Tim and I met while I worked at the V-dub dealer, he was a customer there. Tim is buying an office condo to expand his business out of his home. He needs a more capable office staff than what his current assistant can provide. He and I just began discussing me taking that role on. The flexability would work well on both sides. Thing is that if business takes a dive and he doesnt' need me anymore, I as an anarcho-capitialist will NEVER file for unemployment. Tim seems to like that idea.

I also got more emails yesterday than ever before from internet dating. About 6 or 7 inquiries arrived in my inbox. Upon further review I found that while editing my profile I had accidentally changed my description from "seeking women" to "seeking men." That explains the names of the inquiries like Steve, John and Max. I thought I was getting popular with the ladies but no, only getting offers for anal stuff. No thanks boys.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Oh, rats!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

You should vend bearclaws and boxes of .40 on the east side. Never know when the JBT's are going to need a pastry and another 50 rounds.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Grabbed his ass and shit.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home